Monday, March 12, 2018

Claudia Cardinale (37C)

I first saw Claudia Cardinale in either “The Pink Panther” or “Don’t Make Waves”. In the past decade I have seen the other movies on the list below, and in the past year or so have investigated her career on IMDb , to find the movies on the 2nd list below.

She is one of the less than ½ dozen pre-1970 actresses that I will go out of my way to watch - I am just fascinated by her. After watching “The Professionals” a few years ago, I read somewhere that she refused to do any nude scenes, and the one nude scene that was in that movie was edited as a favor to her. If only…


Her movies I have seen: 
   1993 - Son of the Pink Panther
   1982 - The Gift (a/k/a Le Cadeau, a/k/a Bankers Also Have Souls)
   1968 - Once Upon a Time in the West
+*1967 - Don't Make Waves
   1966 - The Professionals
  *1966 - Blindfold
  *1963 - The Pink Panther
   1960 - Rocco and His Brothers

+ best bet
 * would watch again


Her movies I'd like to see: 
1975 - Blonde in Black Leather
1972 - L'udienza (a/k/a The Audience)
1971 - Frenchie King
1971 - The 21 Carat Snatch
1969 - The Red Tent
1968 - A Fine Pair
1967 - A Rose for Everyone
1966 - The Queens (a/k/a Sex Quartet)
1965 - Sandra
1964 - The Magnificent Cuckold
1963 - 8½
1962 - Swords of Blood
1961 - The Lovemakers (a/k/a La viaccia)
1961 - Girl with a Suitcase
1960 - Silver Spoon Set
1959 - Fiasco in Milan

Where she ranks on the list:  
Although she hasn’t aged as well as Sophia Loren, in the 1960s she was every bit as sexy, and also had a cute, sex-kitten aura about her that Sophia did not (IMO). There are many of her early movies I have yet to see, but until then, on any given day she may come in slightly ahead or behind the lovely Ms. Loren on my list of cinema hotties. I am really hard-pressed to make this decision!

I'm going to put her at #1-A, and (unlike what I anticipate for every other babe on this list) see if she will actually move up on the list, after I see a few more of her movies.


1 comment:

  1. A heads-up to my fellow Claudia Cardinale fans:

    Don't waste your time watching "Blonde in Black Leather". Monica Vitti's over-acting is so awful, that no amount of screen time with Claudia is worth sitting through this mess. Ms. Cardinal is one of my 2 favorite actresses of the 1950s/60s (along with Sophia Loren), but I shan't watch this again.

    ReplyDelete