Saturday, February 24, 2018

Sybil Danning (37C)

After posting Sophia Loren in my first blog entry, I had to fight the urge to post Claudia Cardinale immediately afterward. Those two are my favorite actresses of that time period, and both were super-sexy (while managing to keep their clothes on in their movies!) Basically, I am delaying the difficult choice of whether to rank Claudia above or below Sophia for a while yet. 


For the past decade or so, I have developed a fondness for 1980s' B movies and European (Eurotrash?) erotic movies. I like European movies (particularly those by Tinto Brass) because they approach sex and nudity in a more adult manner, unlike many American films (such as Porky's, American Pie, etc) which are all too sophomoric with their "let's peek through the keyhole of the girls' locker room" and other childish bullshit.

One of my favorite actresses of this period is busty blonde Sybil Danning. I first saw her in movies like "Chained Heat", "Malibu Express", "They're Playing With Fire", and "Young Lady Chatterley II", where she displays her ample charms and frizzed-out hair, as she takes charge of the situation. Then I saw some of the European movies she made about a decade earlier (which appear to be pre-breast-enhancement), playing more subdued characters.


Her movies I have seen: 
   1989 - L.A. Bounty
   1988 - The Phantom Empire
   1987 - Warrior Queen
   1985 - Private Passions
  *1985 - Young Lady Chatterley II
   1985 - Howling II: ... Your Sister Is a Werewolf
  *1985 - Malibu Express
   1984 - Jungle Warriors
 +*1984 - They're Playing with Fire
  *1983 - Chained Heat
  *1983 - Julie Darling
    1978 - Cat in the Cage
  *1972 - Naughty Nymphs
    1972 - Bluebeard
  *1972 - Eye in the Labyrinth
    1972 - French Pussycats
+*1971 - The Long Swift Sword of Siegfried

+ best bet
 * would watch again


Her movies I'd like to see: 
1971 - Love Games People Play in Denmark
1971 - On the Side
1971 - Husbands-Report
1971 - The Resort Girls
1971 - The Smugglers
1972 - Sex Olympics
1972 - The Red Queen Kills Seven Times
1975 - The Porcelain Anniversary
1981 - The Salamander

Where she ranks on the list: 
As much as I love seeing Sybil bare her bod in so many movies (and have simulated sex in "They’re Playing With Fire"), I can’t knock Sophia Loren off the top spot, at least not yet. If I had a list just of 1970s/1980s actresses in American films, I think Ms. Danning and her boobs would be firmly (see what I did there?) at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment