Monday, June 3, 2019

Joan Collins (36B)

Joan Collins was the bitchy darling of nighttime TV drama in the 1980s, but I never cared for her overblown persona (or for Dynasty in general).

I did enjoy watching two of her late-1970s' movies "The Bitch" and "The Stud", where (as I recall) she played a trashy New York party girl. As it was pre-Dynasty, Collins was still hungry enough to be doing nude scenes.

She plays the same character in both movies, so I don't recall exactly which film contained which scenes, but while searching for photos, most of her nude pool scenes came up in the search for "The Bitch", so I am going with that. The nudity in the "other movie" (The Stud) was mostly a busty black chick with a huge afro dancing nude on the disco floor (if I recall correctly - it's been over 10 years since I've seen either one).

I also saw "The Girl in the Red Velvet Swing", which is based on a true story of a scandal from old-time Hollywood. Joan is the young lady in the swing (I seem to recall there was implied nudity and sex going on. After all, it was 1955). She spoofs her ride on that swing in "The Bitch", as you can see by some of the photos below.


Her movies I have seen:
   1981-1989 Dynasty (TV)
+*1979 - The Bitch
  *1978 - The Stud
   1955 - The Girl in the Red Velvet Swing

+ best bet
* would watch again


Her movies I'd like to see:
1975 - Alfie Darling

1 comment:

  1. I just re-watched "The Bitch" a few nights ago. It is the opposite of what I have in the text above: Her nude pool and swing scenes are in "The Stud". She appears nude briefly in "The Bitch", as does a topless black woman, dancing in only sequined panties.

    ReplyDelete